Master of Arts in Tourism Administration(MATA)
Masters of Arts in Tourism Administration (MATA) is a course that focuses on areas such as travel, administration, hospitality and aviation management. The course helps to prepare students for a career in the field of tourism.The course also teaches students to apply management principles and techniques on tourism operations.The department of MATA (Master of Tourism Administration) was established in 2004. The unique feature of the MATA course at RCM is the blend of theoretical and practical knowledge. At the end of the programme the students emerge as qualified and professionally trained individuals ready to make their presence felt in their chosen domain. The curriculum for the students includes both classroom-theory sessions as well as practical exposure in the Tourism Industry.
Through classroom and field lessons, students of the Master of Tourism Administration programme are prepared for international positions in hospitality, tourism and meeting management. During the course of the MATA Degree, students get to learn various administrative responsibilities involved in the management science of tourism and hospitality.The curriculum is developed by eminent personalities from the Travel and Tourism industry as well as well-qualified and industry-oriented academicians. This makes the course up-to-date and relevant as per the current industry norms and practices.
Apart from the curriculum, students participate in various cultural and sports activities whereby they learn to develop interpersonal and communication skills in this tourism administration course. The faculty members are well qualified experienced professionals from leading educational institutions and have worked in tourism related Industries with an average working experience of three years. They also posses excellent industry rapport so as to maintain the B-school standards in terms of knowledge and changing trends.
MATA Course Highlights
The MATA Programme at RCM, Bhubaneswar offers its students some of the best facilities with regards to a holistic approach to training. Some of the features of the MATA programme are:
- Regular visits to tourist spots within the state and rest of India are conducted from time to time to enable students to get hands-on experience in the industry of Tourism. Students come in direct contact with industry professionals to get the feel of the industry and how it actually works.
- Students and peer-groups organize cultural events during the year. Students who hail from various socio-cultural backgrounds become united for a single cause and this in-turn develops fellow-feelings and promotes leadership qualities among students.
- Students get to visit various locations around the country during their study tours of Heritage sites, Beach resorts, Hill stations, adventure spots, religious centres etc.
- Personality Development programmes are conducted from time-to-time to develop confidence and assertiveness amongst students. News updates are also provided for a look into the present scenario of the industry.
- Industrial visits are conducted to familiarize students with the industry. It helps them to gain valuable exposure to the current trends and acquire practical knowledge.
- Regular classes on current events are held in the institute premises and guest lecturers are invited to speak about latest trends and happenings within the industry. This help students gain an insight into the current news-events in the industry and derive the confidence to face interviews.
MATA Course Eligibility
Graduates with 50% in aggregate (45% for SC / ST caste) with a MAT score have Master of Tourism Administration eligibility (MTA).