RCM mentoring system has been introduced from 2010 to establish a better and effective student-teacher relationship and guide the students in Academic matters. All teachers work as Mentors to the students alloted to them. Students will have to go and meet their Mentor atleast once in a month for guidance.
- All teachers work as Mentors to the students alloted to them. Students will have to go and meet their Mentor atleast once in a month for guidance. The students must feel free to confide in their Mentors, their Academic problems.
- The students will have to meet the Mentors when they are called for.
- The students should take the prior permission of the Mentor before they absent themselves from classes. They have to submit a leave note for the absence for a period / day / days to the Mentor. The condonation of shortage of attendance will be recommended on the basis of leave records and recommendation of Mentor.
- The Mentor will note the performance of the students in tests and examinations and also the behaviour of their wards.
- The Principal will recommend the name of students for Fee Concessions, Free ships, free mid-day meal and for Annual and Public Examinations, on the basis of the reports of Mentor.
Value Addition to Student
- Bridging the gap between the teachers and students.
- Creation of a better environment in college, where students can approach teachers for both educational and personal guidance.
- Enhancement of knowledge base for both teachers and students alike, due to effective two-way communication.
- Awareness and support to students for examinations.
- Motivation for higher studies and entrepreneurship.
- Advice and support for improvement in academic performance.
- Regular meetings are held between mentor and mentee.
- A report card is maintained for each student.
- The report card has both personal and academic data.
- Students are allowed to approach the mentor for both academic & personal problems.
- Personalized professional /career advice is given to the mentee.