MBA Program Highlights
To impart knowledge, skills, attitudes and competence among the prospective managers; to offer Multi, Inter and Cross Disciplinary modular programmes in Management with IT enabled teaching learning process to produce market driven managers; and to develop a strong intellectual and ethical human capital base with a focus on industry and services sector.
Modern teaching methods practiced and use of ICT in teaching – learning. In addition to traditional black board method of teaching we have been using the following new teaching methodologies for our MBA course:
- Case Study : Case Study analysis teaching methodology is a simulated effort to study about a problem of a company / companies, for which different solutions are enumerated, discussed and analyzed by students and shared with other students and finally evaluated by faculty on the best analysis and grades awarded accordingly.
- Debate : Debate is initiated in the class room in order to facilitate students to help develop skills in Public Speaking and motivate students in defending contest on the subjects /topics on which the discussions are initiated .Debate also helps build confidence in students on innovation and openness in the knowledge sharing.
- Group Discussions : Group discussions are initiated in a class rooms on topics of interest and current issues related to business and society. Group discussions inculcates group behavior and helps students to share knowledge, skills ,best practices , Team building and Leadership skills which are essential skills required for Corporate and Business.
- Management Games : Management Games helps students to learn philosophy, principles, and decision making skills by fun. Any learning process is successful when students enjoy learning rather than think learning is painful. Management games facilitates students in involve voluntarily in actives of business practices.
- Outbound Training : Outbound training is included in the curriculum in order to enhance overall Personality Development of Students in building Life skills in students. Out bound program helps students undertake field activity and build those skills which are very essential for corporate survival needs like managing events, sales, Public relations and managing changes and stress thro, practical training in Leadership, self development, confidence building and develop stamina and stress on the job requirement when students join companies after completion of the Degree.
- Presentation : Knowledge assimilated is best assessed when students are able to express and exhibit the talent when presented in the right form and as required by companies and corporate. Hence presentation skills give student to rehearse the knowledge, lessons learnt in the classroom. Students are assessed by individual and Group presentation and give feedback and trained on the gaps to present themselves the best way he / she can be assessed.
- Quiz (Subject) : Quiz one teaching method that helps test students ability to grasp subject. Generally faculty conduct quiz at the end of completion of chapter.
- Real-time Projects : Students are sent on real time projects of their own interest. Real time projects help students acquire skills, by involving the live project. This also help student strengthen the skills they helps in getting right job.
- Role Play : Role plays helps student put himself / herself in the shoes of the decisions maker in the given situation and takes decision on his/her own. It helps improving students’ decision making ability. Role Play also initiates the student to experience the situation from a first person perspective and thus helps him/her gain valuable traction and knowledge based around real life scenarios along with coping skills, quick thinking and reasoning.
All the above-mentioned activities would enable the student of MBA course to :
- Build strong conceptual understanding of management theory
- Provide practical orientation to management theory
- Conduct professional competency building activities
- Imbibe entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial skills in students
- Provide global orientation
- Sensitize students towards ethical and social issues arising out of business and society interface
- Develop real life problem solving abilities
- Highlight industry-institute interface