Internal Complaints Committee
In obedience to Section 4 (I) of the Sexual Harassment of women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 (14 of 2013), Regional College of Management(RCM), Bhubaneswar has re-constituted an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) w.e.f. 10.05.2021 to inquire into the complaints of sexual harassment of female employees and girl students of the institute.
The ICC comprises of the following members:
||Prof. Nitu Dash
|Presiding Officer – ICC,
||Dr. Pinakshi Bag
||Prof. Susmita Dash
||Prof. Yogasambhuta Dash
What is Sexual Harassment?
“Sexual harassment” includes any one or more of the following unwelcome acts and behavior (whether directly or by implication) namely:
- Physical contact and advances; or
- Demand or request for sexual favours; or
- Sexually coloured remarks; or
- Showing any pornography, or
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if it occurs or is present or in relation to or connected with any act or behavior of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment:
- Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in her employment: or
- Implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in her employment; or
- Implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment status: or
- Interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her; or
- Humiliating treatment likely o affect her health or safety.
Actions to be taken against the respondent:
- Written apology
- Bond of good behaviour
- Adverse remark in the Confidential Report
- Stopping of increments/promotion
- Any other relevant mechanism
Any aggrieved female employees and girl students may approach to ICC for help.
- The aggrieved shall submit six copies of the complaints along with supporting documents and the names and addresses of the witnesses to the ICC at the time of filing the complaint. The complaint should be made within a period of three months from the date of incident and incase of series of incidents, within a period of three months from the date of last incident. Any aggrieved may contact to ICC at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complainant’s identity will be kept CONFIDENTIAL.