Centre for IQAC
AIMS CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL LIAISON (ACIL) was established in the year 2009 with an objective to provide a platform to AIMERS to gain global exposure and experience in collaboration with our global partner institutions and organisations through activities like student / faculty exchange programmes, joint-research projects, joint-conferences, career-pathways, and facilitating international immersion programmes.
ACIL is the support system to all the international students pursuing their education at AIMS Institutes.
ACIL is instrumental in arranging and establishing collaborations with institutions and organisations of repute from across the world. AIMS enjoys a close working relationship with 20 international universities, 2 accreditation bodies, and 3 international professional associations spread across 17 countries.
Goals & Objectives
- Represent AIMS Institutes on global platforms that would help us achieve AIMS Institute’s vision of moulding professionals of global excellence.
- Facilitate strategic collaborations with Global Universities / Institutions and Organizations of repute for activities like student / faculty exchange programmes, joint research and conferences, and facilitating intake into various courses offered at AIMS Institutes, apart from providing career pathways for AIMERS.
- Provide a support system and assistance to international students and professors visiting AIMS Institutes.
- Plan and organize global immersion programmes that add value for AIMERS and host delegations from foreign Universities and organizations.
COLLABOARTIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
18 collaborations spread across 13 countries and 4 continents for cultural exchange, career pathways, exchange programmes, global immersion programmes, joint programmes / conferences / events, and summer school programmes provide a number of opportunities for AIMERS to broaden their horizons globally. AIMS Centre for International Liaison is constantly on the lookout to forge new collaborations and explore possibilities with like-minded institutions globally and provide a range of opportunities to the students and staff to enhance their outlook.
- International conference on “Pathways to Global Sustainability: Strategies and Frameworks” in association with AIMS Centre for Sustainability in March 2017.
- Joint conference on “Emerging Trends in Revenue Management in the Service Industry” in association with Hotel school The Hague, The Netherlands in February 2016.
- AIMERS from School of Hospitality and Tourism participated in the Global Hospitality Innovation Summit in October 2016 at Hotelschool The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Dr. Brahm Sharma from School of Business travelled to universities in Europe as a part of faculty exchange programme to our partner universities.
- Dr. Kiran Reddy (CEO) and Mr. Gopal Reddy (Director) visited partner universities in Europe as a part of our faculty exchange programme.
- Dr. Somanath from School of Business visited our partner institution in Indonesia in February 2017 as a part of our collaboration.
- Dr.Brahm Sharma from School of Business visited our partner institution in Bangladesh in January 2017.
- Continued collaboration with University of ESC Troyes, France; University of California Riverside and Disneyworld, USA, Laval University, Canada; Vatel University, France, and IMI, Switzerland.
- Signed MOU & LOI with University of Normandy, France; Cambridge International Education Centre, UK; ALMA, Italy and Shimane University, Japan.
- Assisted international students at AIMS from over 20 countries
- Organized Global Immersion program trips to KL. Malaysia
- Coordinated the visit of delegation from Shimane University, Japan. Hosted and organized cultural and interaction program with students
- Arranged guest lectures by visiting faculties from Cambridge UK and University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Held meetings with visiting university delegations from New Zealand, Canada, Switzerland & China to explore prospects of future collaboration.
- Arranged for French language speaking classes for students interested in student exchange program to France.
- Assisted 6 students from ESC Troyes studying at AIMS on a student exchange program with curriculum and choice of subjects.
- Given admission approval for 2 students from Normandy University, France for study 1 semester at AIMS on a student exchange.